In order to get ready for this challenge, I've been doing the following exercises, which you may want to try as well:
- Walk three miles in heels; drink two cocktails and then walk another mile without spraining an ankle.
- Stand for two hours in one spot, holding a tiny napkin full of mini-quiches and seared tuna canapés in one hand, a glass of Pinot Noir in the other, and handing out business cards with the other other hand.
- Go to a public restroom and practice removing stains from the aforementioned wine and canapés from a white shirt.
- Do wind sprints through a hallway full of high school students to practice the art of the two-minute break between one-on-one meetings.
- Speed-read through books on calculus, knitting, quantum mechanics, teleology, bread baking, and constitutional law to get ready for reams of vendor brochures and white papers.
- Practice lip-reading in a dark room by the light of strobes and lasers.
- Memorize 80 names per day out of the phone book.
- Practice listening earnestly to comedian monologues without cracking a smile or giggling.
and finally ...
- Go geocaching in Costco to practice finding the one vendor at RSA that is not claiming to do 'big data' or 'analytics.'